.
.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

avoiding clutter three






I'm curious about these comics. But not curious enough to do research about them today. Sometimes not acting on curiosity is a good way to avoid cluttering a day in my life. 









These images are of the covers of a single issue of a comic book, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic book or the artist(s) which produced the comic book cover in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of covers of individual issues of comic books
  • to illustrate:



    • the issue of the comic book in question;
    • the periodical comic book series of which this issue is a part; or
    • the copyrighted comic book character(s) or group(s) on the cover of the issue in question;


  • where no free alternative exists or can be created,
  • on the http://www.comics.org.nz,
qualifies as fair use under copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on comics.org.nz or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement
To the uploader: please add a detailed fair use rationale for each use, as well as the source of the work and copyright information. 



Comic book covers via Kiwi Comics
.

5 comments:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

If you don't have a creative curiosity you'll not learn!

bfk said...

Actually, since you used the two covers to make a witty comment (a very witty comment) you are covered, Lydia, in the display of these covers, although not only by fair use but also because of parody and/or satire considerations which are covered via the criticism/comment parts of the law § 107 (1976). And which were upheld earlier in Berlin v. E.C. Publications, 2nd Cir. 1964.

One what knows.
You're welcome.

By the way, the author(s) would probably appreciate the plug.

Lydia said...

@Phivos- Agree! But I've been letting myself be distracted lately by things that don't really matter to me in place of attending to things that do.

@bfk- Ah! Enlightenment! Thank you for the citation and comments. I wonder if the author(s) were even listed there at the website I linked to. I'll check and add them if I can find the info. :)

Beth Niquette said...

What an interesting post! I enjoyed it and the comments made. (Grin)

Snowbrush said...

I sometimes clutter my life by spending so much time thinking about de-cluttering. Right now, I'm struggling with whether to buy a ten-drawer tool chest. I've waited for years for a really, really good sale, and here one is, and now I'm second-guessing whether I need one.